Wednesday 11 June 2014

Rosemary hair


I noticed lately that my usual conditioner didn't seem to be working so well anymore; my hair was getting heavy and greasy much more quickly than usual and wasn't as healthy looking as usual. So I've decided to take a break from chemical conditioners and use a natural rosemary and cider vinegar hair rinse for a bit... I've used it before to very pleasing results so I feel confident in recommending the recipe. I've forgotten where I first found it, but there are a great many available around the internet.

This is so easy, basically you just:

1. Pour boiling water over several sprigs of rosemary and leave to steep overnight
2. Remove the rosemary and mix the remaining (quite dark coloured water with oil visible on the surface) infusion with cider vinegar in the proportion 1 part vinegar to 9 parts rosemary water.

When washing your hair, simply apply it after shampooing. It's best to leave it in, if you're feeling brave (it goes without saying that you would do well not to get this in your eyes...)
Don't worry, the vinegar smell goes once your hair is totally dry!

I find it leaves my hair feeling properly clean and light. Apparently it's better for brown hair than otherwise, but I'm not sure about this, and would be interested to hear any feedback.

5 comments:

she. said...

Delightful! Rosemary is the greatest sent there is.

Unknown said...

I love your blog, très inspirant...

Natasha said...

We have a rosemary bush, so I'm going to try this.

Louise said...

Thanks guys! Let me know if you give it a go and you find it any good (or not!)

x

Louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.