Thursday, 10 February 2011


I've long been a fan of the wonderful work done by Julianna Swaney of Oh my Cavalier, and her absolutely magical mechanical animals have just come to my attention again. As a child I loved making things that moved out of paper, there were split pins all over the place and I was always raiding Dad's office desk to nick more (sorry Dad, will replace them at some point...). It's the characterful faces of Julianna's animals that are so great, I think. Look the hare in the eye - what is he thinking?!

6 comments:

Penelope said...

very nice!

winnsome said...

i have to get some of these for my friend's birthday she will adore them. I absolutely love the old-school style of her illustration
xx
winnsome

Krystal said...

they are really really cute!

silverpebble said...

I'm so with you on the split pins. I'd have given my entire stash of sequins for a couple of those babies.

He is thinking 'I'm brushing up my boxing skills. I have spied a laydeee. Oh yes.'

Louise said...

Haha excellent, silverpebble! Yes, indeed. I'm glad you all like them! Such a talented lady.

Maria Confer said...

The detail in her work is amazing. These are so fun!