Tuesday 6 April 2010

Trend Schmend


New range of nautical-themed things now available at All Things Original. Someone, I can't remember who, recently said to me something along the lines of 'the nautical trend is still hanging around - how boring'* which got me thinking - I don't really think of 'nautical' as a trend, it's just a look that I have always liked. I have a ridiculous amount of stripey tops for someone with only two arms, and I bet I'm not the only one.
Digging around in my files the other day I found something that definitively proves that wanting to look a bit like a sailor is really a lifelong commitment:


(Circa 1993, at someones wedding!) Oh, how my heart longs that I still had that hat, or those shoes. Alas to get big!
If you too have a weakness for such things, don't forget to enter my Easter giveaway, below, by the 9th of April



*or perhaps I read it somewhere? Not sure. Deep, anyway haha

4 comments:

Nadia Jonker said...

I agree. It isn't a trend, but a lifestyle choice. I have also loved it all my life. I had the most awesome navy sailor dress when I was about 4 years old. Mmmm...wonder if it will fit...just joking. I love all your nautical things. Trend...bah!

Louise said...

Don't you just wish there was some magic person that would take your childhood clothes and make them big enough to fit you (in a flattering and not-pervy way)? When I was last at my parents I found a hand-knitted jumper with big licquorice allsorts on it that I LOVED when I was little but now it just about fits on my head. sad.

Fine Little Day said...

Trend or not, I agree I've always liked it. Classic and beautiful.

nath said...

yes, nautical is not a trend, it's such a perfect classic look. i am very partial to anything nautical in flavour.

and i was only reminiscing last night about the best pair of jeans i ever had. i was about 11, they were medium blue, straight, with white piping along the leg and pockets. they were perfect.